Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Homealone :(

Last week, both of my flatmates left as their terms at the university got over. And now I am lonely in my house for the next few days before somebody joins in. This situation has made me do unthinkable things at home like trying to read a French newspaper, experimenting with my cooking, looking at the rainbow for a long time (which is beautiful by the way, pic attached), buying a novel at Swiss prices, etc.





Leaving your accommodation here is not as easy as it sounds. Swiss people have microscopic eyes for cleanliness and they make sure you wipe off that tiny speck on your light switch or the windowpane before you leave. Its both funny and a little embarrassing that it reminds me of my IIT days in Delhi when we used to do exactly the reverse. Spend hours cleaning up our allotted rooms before moving in and leave the place like some hell had broken loose there. But the undergrad life at IIT was definitely a lot of fun and demanding at the same time. Still remember those slogging night-outs and infinite nescafe outings.


I hope this homealoness breaks soon and meanwhile I will keep finding new things to do.




2 comments:

Gabbar said...

Nice post man. hope your loneliness goes away really soon.
Well for me the nightouts and dirt is continuing :). Check out the time of this comment.

Nikhil said...

Thats great going for you. I guess my nightouts will start soon :)