Friday, December 28, 2007

The Snowless Christmass...

I was hoping against all hope and logic that it would snow on Christmas day at least. If NY can have lots of it, we should also have at least a little :-). Well, not to mention, all hopes were dashed and I ended up watching Hindi movies I had been thinking of watching for quite a long time. Taare Zameen Par was another one of Aamir Khan gems but Om Shanti Om looked like Farah Khan should give up on movie direction. I mean there is a limit to stupidity one can bear. That movie was actually screened in a theater here and I am afraid to imagine what impression of Indian cinema did it cast on people. Anyways, to have some more fun, I switched to CNN and they were showing CNN Heroes that time. I was quite amazed to find that CNN actually knew that a world existed beyond US and middle east, even if just for a day.

This snowless Christmas was then compensated with a couple of trips to snow-clad Jura mountains on the Swiss-French border. And one thing you can always vouch for is the beauty Swiss mountains have. A couple of pics from the trip :-)


No comments: